Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Silver Bullet

Here's "The Silver Bullet"! I wish I had a picture or two of it back in its hayday but you'd have to see my mom for those. I had just turned 17 and we were out to get me a new car. I knew what I wanted and even though someone else was about to purchase it, they let me buy it because it was my first "new car". As you can tell, it's not that new anymore!

In November of this year, I will have had my car for 9 years and let me tell you...I'm ready for a new one! It definitely has character though. I have had a cracked windshield for almost 4 years, my air/heat fan for low levels hasn't worked for 2 years, my passenger seat is broken (the springs and the level to adjust it), the trunk doesn't like to close very easily, and my car is starting to rust along the bottom. (See two pictures below..sorry they're not the best because the were taken at dusk with my phone)


This past week was a biggie for "The Silver Bullet". I have never heard of hub bearings but my car needed 2 of them. And if you're wondering they are about $160 a piece...apparently my car has expensive taste! I noticed my car was making very loud roaring noises when I went above 35 mph so Zach and I decided it would be better to take it in then for it to stop working altogether.

Neither one of us like to do these kinds of things, but the cars are "boy jobs" around our house. My loving husband looked around and found a good place and got my car taken care of. It now runs as good as new (or as good as my car can run at its age) and hopefully it can get me through 3 more years! It's been a big part of my life so far and I love "The Silver Bullet" but I won't be sad when it's gone. I need an automatic car (automatic as in windows and doors), a 4 door vehicle, one that Zach is willing to drive, and an armrest that two people can use without touching each other! Until then, "The Silver Bullet" and I will be good friends and hopefully she won't cost me too much more money or hassle!

4 comments:

  1. I love your Silver Bullet...she's served you very well over the years! Glad the old girl's got a few more miles in her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it will keep on trucking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and an armrest that two people can use without touching each other!"

    QUOTE OF THE DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your insurance should fix your cracked windshield...
    I would see if you can get it replaced. Itshouldn't cost anything...just a thought!

    ReplyDelete