Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Friday Night Fun/Fiasco

This past Friday Zach had planned for us to go the the Hancock County 4-H Fair. Since we haven't gone in the past 2 summers we've lived in Greenfield I thought it would be a fun free evening. For my Middletown family, it is a combo of the Middletown Fair and the Henry County 4-H Fair...so very trashy in a lot of aspects. The Hancock County Memorial Hospital had a booth so I got to meet some of Zach's coworkers and then we walked around.

Photo #1...do you notice what is in the background?!?

That's right...it's a mechanical bull! You can ride this for $6 but Zach and I passed. I've just never seen one of these before that weren't in movies. Thought it was interesting.

After we had looked around at everything (we weren't into riding rides) I thought we needed a lemon shake up and a lion paw (Lion's Club version of an elephant ear). While we were eating, Kara and Kyler called and said they were headed to Greenfield and thought we could meet up.

So we told them we'd meet them at O'Charley's for dinner and then just come back and watch a movie. Well here is where the fiasco part of the story comes in. I ordered a panini and the waiter brought out a pasta dish (it looked disgusting too). He took it back and then brought out the same thing and said it was a panini...it OBVIOUSLY wasn't. He finally agreed and said he'd bring my order right out. Fifteen minutes later and everyone else finished, I got my meal which I proceeded to take home and eat later!

It is definitely hilarious looking back on it and Zach and I had a great Friday night at the fair and with family! Thanks Kyler and Kara for making our night extra interesting!

4 comments:

  1. I would have gladly paid $6 to see Zach (or you, for that matter!) ride the mechanical bull...what a great photo that would have been! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun night anyways, regardless of the fiasco. Maybe next time we will just take turns riding the bull instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was definitely a memorable night. I guess that means we're going to have to try again. :D Thanks for the fun evening anyways!

    ReplyDelete