Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I love being Aunt Emmy!

I never knew how much fun being an aunt was until about 2 years ago when Karter was born! I just LOVE spending time with him whether it is reading, singing, playing, eating, etc. And then in February I became an aunt again (if that is possible) to Kaden and man he is SOOO sweet! This past Friday they were at my parent's house and I couldn't pass up spending time with the two cutest boys in the whole world (and of course my fun sister-in law Dana). Below are some pics of the day courtesy of my mom.

Karter loves to read and he loves his Elmo. It is so cute when he kisses Elmo throughout the book! It is just so fun when Karter sits on your lap and enjoys every book you read.

After lunch it was time for a nap. Dana told Karter to pick out a good book to read while she got his blanket and his elephant. Karter picked out an "I SPY" book and said "Emmy read it please." How could one resist?!? So I held Kaden and Karter (along with his Elmo backpack) and we read the book together. Let me tell you that boy knows his stuff! He is definitely SO smart for a 2 year old (not that I'm biased or anything)!

Never knew it could be so fun to hold two kids and read a book to them! Aren't they adorable?!? Dana, I admire your patience and how much time you have spent teaching Karter.

Isn't Kaden sweet after a nap...or all the time!!!

Love this little guy!

After naptime it was time to play on the "Toys". Karter loved every second of it!

Thanks Dana for driving over so that I had a chance to spend a day with my two sweet nephews. I just love being Aunt Emmy! Can't wait to spend a week with them at the beach!

2 comments:

  1. They are lucky to have such a great Aunt Emmy! You'll be a terrific mommy someday!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great Aunt to our boys!!! See you in 2 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete