Monday, July 12, 2010

Love Hurts

On Saturday after it stormed for about an hour, our friends Brandon and Amy asked us if we wanted to go to the pool. Zach thought we were crazy but went because I wanted him to go. The water was warmer than we anticipated and had a good time until...Zach got hurt!


Zach was tossing Brandon using his hands as a lift. Everyone has done this before so I never thought it would cause such a painful injury. Zach had his fingers interlocked and when Brandon was launching off his hands, Zach's finger got stuck under his wedding ring and ripped the skin off and pretty deep. The first picture above is of the injury and the second picture is of the skin that was ripped off (gross I know but when we first found it it was wrapped around his wedding ring and I had to take a picture).

I knew I needed to document pictures, so Brandon and Amy helped Zach cover his wound with the first aid kit while I took some pictures with my phone. I knew it must have hurt when I saw Zach's face in the pool but I didn't know it would be as bad as it was.

He's such a trooper but he told me later that "love hurts". He went to the pool out of "love" and the symbol of love, his wedding ring, is what ripped his skin off with. Sorry Zach and I hope it feels better soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ouchie!!! But I'm so proud you took photos...ha! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete