Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Taste of the Real World

Hancock Regional has been the place I call home for the last six weeks. They gave me a taste of the real world, 8am-5pm working 40 hours/wk. The down side...I paid them for my time, but I did get a good education. I had a great Clinical Instructor, CI for short, that taught me the ropes at Hancock Regional.

I worked in the IRU, Inpatient Rehab Unit, which consists of intensive rehabilitation. It is 9 bed unit that requires 3 hours/day of combined therapies: occupational, physical, and speech. There are only certain medical diagnosis that make the requirement for the unit, but trust me..you don't want to know the details.

I had some great patients while I was at Hancock, none of which I am legally allowed to talk about...kinda makes it sound like I am CIA or something. The whole staff I worked with was great, and they all seemed to like me. I really enjoyed my time and may look at Hancock Regional as a place of employment after I graduate.

I am now about to enter into my last semester of course work before my last semester of clinicals. I should find out soon my future clinical destinations and will keep you all posted as I am informed. I am excited to see the end of the tunnel and have a little more than a taste of the real world.

3 comments:

  1. You're almost there!!! YAY!!! You will be a terrific PT...it will all be worth it! Proud to have you as my Favorite Son-in-Law!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you clinicals went well...enjoy your last semester.

    ReplyDelete