Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Orleans Part 3: CSM

CSM stands for the "Combined Sections Meeting" but is essentially the national conference. It seems like everyone in physical therapy is at CSM, some 3,000 people and 400 exhibitors meet to discuss the newest and greatest information in the field. There are job recruiters, vending booths, product demos, and sale pitches...I must say a little overwhelming.
This is a picture of a product demo for a medical harness system. They really have everything at this convention. I was amazed at how large the conference was and how many people attended. It was a serious nerdfest, but I loved it. Every vendor was giving away free pens (I collected 37) and asking you to sign-up to win an iPad. Of course all they really want is to get your information and contact you to use their product/service. Since I have been home from New Orleans, I have received 17 emails from vendors who were "glad to have met you at CSM".
This was the real reason I went to the conference...to present our research poster. And it didn't hurt anything having half of the trip paid for by the school.

And of course the below picture is something I bought at the convention. It was my one product I bought. I thought Kamaron would appreciate it being a personal muscle massager. It is the newest product design. And yes, it works pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting... a bunch of PT nerds...but hey, you know how we LOVE nerds! Nice job on the poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite the academic conference...right up your alley (mine too -ha). I am interested to know what the topic of the poster was.

    ReplyDelete