Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Orleans Part 2: Bird's Eye View

We stayed at a huge hotel in downtown New Orleans, right outside of the French Quarter (not my best hotel experience, but that is a whole different story). We were staying in prime real estate. The hotel was 18 stories high and we were on the 17th floor. We had an amazing view of downtown and a small restaurant named Mother's.
From our room we could watch the lines forming outside of Mother's. It is apparently one of the best dirty spoons in all of New Orleans, and the lines show it. It was funny to come back to the hotel and see a line of 50 people. We never did go eat there because they were always busy when we went for lunch and dinner.
The restaurant had one entrance and one exit, and an old fashioned sign. Mother's was established in 1938 and is home of the "world's best baked ham". I think if I ever go back, I will have to try it out.
I loved watching the city streets at night with all the lights and traffic. Below is a picture of the lights, as we faced into the French Quarter.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to do...2 Gray Whaley posts in one day!!! I love the city lights photo at the bottom. Keep the posts coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure Adam Richmond from man v food ate at mother's. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool view from downtown. I (we) will have to go check 'Nawlins out sometime.

    ReplyDelete