Thursday, June 10, 2010

You never know with the Gray's

One thing I'm sure Zach has learned the past 5 years we've been together is you never know what the Gray's might be up to! I'm sure Dana, Anique, and Kara can all agree with that statement. Whatever it is, everyone ends up having a good time and a lot of laughs are shared. This past Saturday morning was "Chicken Killing Day". I'm sure most people don't understand the importance of this day but I've been doing it since I could reach the table...so probably 3 or 4.

I don't mind helping out because we get some of the profits and who doesn't love fresh fried chicken! Here are some pictures of the day courtesy of the best mom in the world!

Prior the being taken to Grandpa Kenny's dad catches all the chickens and puts them in crates.

Dad and Kyler preparing the chickens for their ultimate fate.

Grandpa Bud has the worst job in my opinion...actually killing the chickens.


Kyler looks super excited right now...who wouldn't want to be cleaning chickens at 7:00 in the morning?!? Where's Kara at?!? Guess she decided not the show up this time.

Don't we look like we're having fun. Zach is quite a trooper and one the only returnees on "Chicken Killing Day".

Nice hands Zach!

Dad, Uncle Kent, and Mom hard at work!




Chickens are done, in the freezer, and ready to be eaten. I'm sure it will take us a couple of weeks to be ready to eat some chicken after a day like that. Thanks mom and dad for sharing with us! For all those interested, next "Chicken Killing Day" will be sometime around July 4th and if you want to help, just let me know and I can get you the full details.

4 comments:

  1. All hands are welcome, for sure! We were so glad you and Zack joined us this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shirt, em. way to represent pci!

    sorry we couldn't be there for the fun. we were there in spirit though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you helped out, and I hope someone takes you up on your open invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara had to be at work at 6am. Don't think I was just opting out. Looks like you guys had fun without me though.

    ReplyDelete