Friday, April 30, 2010

My History of Illness: A Zach Whaley Final's Story

As many of you may know, I rarely get sick. In fact I took care of Emily everyday when she had mono and never even developed a cough myself. I guess I just have a strong immune system. Ever since I can remember, the common cold would go around and everyone would be out of school for days...I would get sick and sleep it off in a night. That is just how things were for me. Except at finals time.

I am still tired and coughing from a cold/respiratory nightmare that I came down with last Thursday. But I think I know why...I am cursed. I always get sick at the end of the school year, which in grad school is called finals marathon week(s). I mean I ALWAYS get sick at the end of school. I remember having the chicken pox the first day of summer vacation in 1st grade. I remember getting the flu the 1st day of summer freshman year of high school. I had a cold on 3 of my 4 years during finals in undergrad. I have a cold now, right before finals of what the professors call..."the hardest set of tests you will take in the program".

Oh what luck I have with sickness. I just don't understand it. I guess it could be stress related, but I don't stress over tests. I think my body just knows I am going to enjoy myself soon, so it gets even for the rest of the winter months I was healthy.

I am happy to report that I made it through my week of practical finals with higher than expected scores, so the cold didn't effect my grades. I am also just now starting to feel better as written finals are next week. This year is "the same old finals week, just different tests".

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are starting to feel better...my theory is your body just eventually gets run down...unfortunately, it's at a critical time for you!!! When I was a little girl, I always got sick at Christmas...talk about a bummer! Good luck next week...you're almost DONE!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about that...not particulary great timing, but I am sure will pull through it and ACE your tests. Good luck and get well soon. See you guys next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on part one! Good luck this next week with the "written portion"...

    ReplyDelete