Sunday, April 4, 2010

Everyone Has Their Own Schedule

This past week I, Emily, have been on Spring Break. It was a much needed and enjoyable break but I am ready to get back into MY schedule. What do I mean by this?!? Well the older I get, the more I realize I like to do things on MY time and MY way and not other people's. To most of you, this probably isn't a surprise and you think I've liked things my own way for a LONG time!

I do love traveling but everyone does things differently and when you go somewhere you are on their schedule. Well the first schedules that had to accomodate each other were mine and mom's. It is no secret that mom goes to bed early and wakes up early. That wouldn't be an issue except when you're sleeping next to her for 5 days. Zach would much rather stay up later and sleep in until 8:00...yeah a lot different that mom's schedule! Also, mom doesn't like country music, mexican food, or chinese food....all three my favorites...so those are out of the picture on a trip with her! I love traveling with mom and we get along great but it's just adapting to someone else's ways! (And I'm sure she doesn't want to adapt to me either...I think we're a lot alike!)

Then there was Kristoffer, Dana, Karter, and Kaden. It is no surprise that when you are at their house you are on the kid's schedule. I never have to deal with figuring out nap time, bath time, feedings, etc on a daily basis...I just do what I want. Totally an adjustment at first! I'm not really on a schedule over break. I just eat when I'm hungry and do what I want to do when I want to do it. I don't think about how much of an ordeal it is to just go to a store or two. I guess I had a true insight into what having children is like...but I had a blast! Who couldn't love those two adorable boys?!? (I'll do posts later on my visit when I get photos, etc from mom)

After Minnesota, mom and I went to visit Kamaron and Anique in Kansas City. Now, in my opinion, they are the most easy going of all of us when it comes to a schedule. They just seem to go with the flow more and don't plan every detail out. That is great and I wish I could be more like that but I'm kind of a planner and like to know what lies ahead for the day and night at all times. It was great to see them and Anique's new workplace and just catch up on life!

When I got back home I had a day to do my own thing then it was on to celebrate Easter. And with extended family events comes with being on more different schedules and going with the flow. I had a wonderful time over my spring break but I'm glad to do things my way again for a few weeks. Don't get me wrong...I love traveling and spending time with everyone, but the older I get the more I realize I like things MY way!

Check back in the next week of so for more posts to come about my spring break with the Minnesota Gray's!

3 comments:

  1. Are you getting stodgy?! I don't know about you, but I LOVED cuddling up to you every night! :) It was a fun trip with you...making memories, for sure! And it didn't hurt you to go without Mexican, Chinese, or country music for a few days, now did it?! Love you Em! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To most of you, this probably isn't a surprise and you think I've liked things my own way for a LONG time!"

    That's fairly accurate. haha. Glad I could see you guys this weekend! Good luck getting back into your routine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to come up and spend time with us - it was fun!

    See you this summer!!

    ReplyDelete