Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who wouldn't want me as their teacher?!?

So...first of all we apologize for not updating the website earlier than this. However, I have been VERY busy the past week with not only school but also volleyball. I realize this is no excuse but I chose sleep and lesson planning over posting on the website. I'll try to do better in the future...

Moving jobs/schools was definitely a good choice for me as I have really enjoyed my time thus far. The worst part of teaching in my opinion is the decorating of the classroom. I don't have must creativity and I lack motivation. It is just something I DO NOT enjoy. This is where Zach comes in. He is such a good support system AND he willingly helps decorate my classroom every year. The first picture is the before and the following 3 are pictures of my room now.


Zach's creativity at work...doesn't it look wonderful!

The only thing I take care of arranging...my desk. I try to keep it clean but as you can tell it needs some work!

Friday after teaching. Who wouldn't love to be in my classroom as a student?!? Doesn't this look like the best classroom in the school?
With the first few days of school down I have realized I have lots of good classes and students. However, one of my classes is just way over the edge. They constantly have stories, excitement, and they LOVE to get me off task. But they always get homework so I don't seem to mind because who doesn't love laughing at the end of the day.
One student in particular always makes me laugh. She is short, has a good sense of humor, and always "mothers" everyone in class. Her feet don't touch the ground and she swings them as she listens in class. Although the students and myself give her a hard time, she always gives one back to us and I laugh the whole time. She is pretty witty for a 4'8" senior girl....and she loves her Ricker pop! Oh such a good time...
School and volleyball monopolize my time, but I'll try to update again as soon as possible!

6 comments:

  1. You seem so happy at Shenandoah. I think it was definitely a good move for you! I'd LOVE to be a student in your classroom...am I too old?!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...shenandoah, ricker pops, mr. penn. quite possibly the greatest place in all of middletown, indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you like the students Emily. Seems like a good decision to move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quality classroom. Well done Zach! Oh, and I'm sure your teaching is wonderful too Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love the Ricker pop!! Does Angel still work at Ricker's? Haha!! Gotta love Middletown...

    Glad to see you are fitting in at the 'Doah. And, they changed the floors to blue!! Weird...I guess things do change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're adjusting nicely to Shenandoah. I'm glad you like it so much.
    P.S. I love the picture of you on your mom's blog today!

    ReplyDelete