Tuesday, June 12, 2012

From Dirty Girl to Indians Game...the update on the Whaley couple

I know it has been a while since we have posted, so here is an update on our life.  May 17th was a very busy day for us.  I (Emily) signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run to support awareness of breast cancer.  A teacher that I work with got a group of us girls together to participate.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I do know that we had a blast!  Below are a few pictures that Zach took of the event.

 My Dirty Girl Number!

 Showing the muscles...we look intimidating don't we?!?

 We saw some interesting people there including this guy.  I have no clue where or why anyone would purchase this shirt, but he did get some positive (and negative) attention!

 And we're off...

 One of the many muddy obstacles.

 Crossing the finish line together, just like we started!  Definitely a fun time!

Afterwards we headed home and took a shower then left for my cousin Brooke's wedding.  It was casual attire so we didn't have to get too dressed up which was a bonus for us.  I'm not sure what Kaden is doing, but I thought this picture was super cute!

 Oh and you can't forget about his buddy Uncle Kyler.

 Zach and me...I think we got a little sun from being outside.

The rest of May was pretty uneventful for us.  I finished up the school year and over Memorial Day weekend we went to visit Zach's dad.  He and his wife recently bought a pizza shop, but I didn't take any pictures from that weekend.  Sorry.  Then on June 4th, Zach and I went to an Indianapolis Indians game with some of his coworkers for dollar night.  

 Self portrait.  The girl directly behind me is another PT that Zach will work with when he starts his new job on July 1st.  The other two are PTs as well at the hospital with Zach.

 This is Ben...a PT tech at the hospital that organized the event.  He is definitely an interesting person with a love for life!


 Zach's group on the screen!

Last but not least, this past Sunday my parents (Thanks again Mom and Dad!!!) helped us move the last of the boxes with all my childhood memories and the furniture set they gave us to our apartment.  On Monday I went through all the boxes and threw away 8 trash bags full and 7 cardboard boxes full of stuff that I didn't feel the need to keep.  It took me about 6 hours to go through everything.  I'm glad that I had a mom that cared to keep everything, but some things were definitely not necessary!

Zach put the bed together that night and arranged the furniture as he saw fit.  Below is the finished product.  We bought some sheets to match the beautiful quilt my Grandma Lois had made for my high school graduation to go on the bed.  I had saved it until we got our own place, and I think it was meant for this bed...Thanks again Grandma Lois for this beautiful piece of artwork!

 Bed and bookshelf as viewed from the stairs.

 As you look to the right is the chaise lounge with the closet in the background.

 This may look cluttered to you, but it is very organized to us.  All my boxes from my childhood combined into about 6 along with a filing cabinet, a couple of chairs, and some board games.

The view of the bed and dresser from the closet.  We didn't want the mirror to cover the window completely so we decided not to attach it right now.  We put it under the bed to save it until we buy a house and have an official guest bedroom.

Now we have a place for our visitors to stay!  Well that is an update on our less than exciting life.  Check back in a couple of weeks for a post or two about or trip to Cincinnati that we are taking to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...you were a busy girl Monday!!! I'd forgotten how beautiful Mama's quilt is. LOVE the colors!!! Good job, Zach, getting everything put together. Have fun in Cincy...Happy Anniversary!!! :)
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete