Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cincy Trip Day One

Our 4th wedding anniversary was June 14th and Zach decided that he would take a couple of days off work and go on a weekend trip with me to celebrate.  On Thursday we started by heading to the Creation Museum.  It was very cool but the animatronics are kind of creepy if you ask me.  Almost too real looking.  Below are some pictures we took.

 Adam in the Garden

The Tree of Knowledge

 The serpent

 A dinosaur attacking Zach

 The empty tomb

 Outside the museum they had a beautiful garden and pond to walk around.  


 Visiting the museum was something that I am glad we could do together.  I totally love that I found a guy that is a Christian and has the same beliefs that I do.  This trip made us realize once again what an AWESOME God we serve and how miraculous He is!!!  I am definitely blessed!

After the museum it was time for lunch and I wanted to eat somewhere that wasn't a chain restaurant.  So I looked in the GPS and found a place that sounded good.  What I didn't know is that we would have to board a ferry to get there.  This was my first time boarding a ferry and it was interesting!

 At first I was hesitant, but Zach said just follow the person ahead of you...such wonderful advice (haha)!

 A few miles and minutes later we arrived at Cabana on the River


 It was a beautiful day with a fantastic view (of the water and Zach)

 My meal...the biggest burger I have ever eaten!

 Nothing better than eating next to water!  After lunch we went and checked in at our hotel and relaxed for a couple of hours.  Then we headed out to Newport on the  Levee to walk around and eat dinner.  Our anniversary tradition is to eat somewhere we have never eaten before to celebrate and thought this would be the perfect place to go.


We found this delicious restaurant and our waiter made the experience memorable!  After dinner we headed back to the hotel.  Definitely a great day...check back for more posts and pictures from our trip!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so adventurous! Ferry and all!!! Can't wait for part 2....

    ReplyDelete
  2. pls let me know where you got that adam in the garden picture. if you took it could I pls use it in my book?

    ReplyDelete