Monday, September 13, 2010

Hancock County Sites

Well if you didn't already know, I'm a little bit like my dad. I might look like my mom and have a similar personality to her but my mind works like my dad's. I love math and think very logically. I also love to try new routes home from work/parents' house/church. I get tired of the same old thing and like to venture out.

Zach had decided to do that one day because I always do it and thought I'd be fun (and because he was tired of following people). Much to his surprise he found some interesting sites that he said I would love. So on Sunday after church he took me on the tour so I could take pics with my new camera. Below is what we found on the back roads home.

On a road that is barely traveled we came across this house. I told Zach that he could buy that for me anytime.

Here is a little better picture of it. I'm not sure it fits in rural Hancock county. What do you think?!?

It even has it's own lake. I'd call it a pond but it is HUGE. This picture doesn't do it justice.

It even has it's own security system to get into the driveway. If you know me I don't mind fences as long as they go around the property and it does! When I was showing mom these pictures she asked if there was a place for her to live and I told her she could live in the house next door...which is pictured below!

HAHA...love this little place but not quite as nice...HAHA!

Then we drove a little further and found this gate. Zach and I decided this house must be great (even though it is hidden by trees) but the best part is what is grazing in its front yard...

That's right...a ZEBRA! Who owns a zebra?!? Seriously!!!

A closer picture even though I'm sure I was trespassing on their property.

Across the road from the zebra house was this other very nice place. I told Zach if he couldn't afford the other one, I'd settle for this one (he thought I was super funny).

After that strip of houses and wondering who owns them we were on our last trek to the outskirts of Greenfield and saw this plane. Thought you might enjoy this picture.

Good ole I-70! Needless to say I loved the detour and it was a relaxing Sunday afternoon drive through rural Hancock County, IN!

4 comments:

  1. for I took the road less traveled...and that has made all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little detour! And some VERY NICE HOMES...makes me wonder if some famous people live there. I want a zebra!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my stinkin gosh! LOVE IT! Love the houses, love the gates, love the zebra. Good find.

    If your mom gets the little house next door, I guess Kyler and I will have to take the big one across the street. You know, somewhere to put his lions. (rolling eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To your right, you will see the wild horse of Indiana, the zebra!

    Very nice homes - that should be in Carmel, not Greenfield!

    ReplyDelete