Friday, December 10, 2010

No More Lectures

I am not yet officially done with graduate school. I still have 19 weeks of being a student, but it sure does feel over. I am down to a week of finals and 18 weeks of clinicals and then I am Dr. Whaley. I have now completed my very last lecture. No more 8am classes. No more fighting to stay awake listening to someone talk about gait for the 300th time in 3 years. I am done with classes.

Yes, everyone has that day in their life where they never have to go to class again, but I never thought my day would come. I have been a student for 20 years...if you include kindergarten. That is a rather large chapter of my life that I will be happy to finally close.

I am writing this with some hesitation because I am leaving a place I just started to feel comfortable in. I will no longer see the faces of my "friends/classmates" that I have come to know quite well. It is kind of bittersweet to say goodbye to these people because they have been there for me and understood what I have been going through. Below is the future of Physical Therapy...Heaven help us!!


4 comments:

  1. So glad for you...and Emily!!! Watch out world!!! (Nice backdrop for the photo too...crutches..how appropriate!) We're so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it this far...at least someone can see the light at the end of the tunnel. haha.

    ReplyDelete