Friday, October 29, 2010

The hardest job I've ever had to do...and failed trying!

This Thursday and Friday I've been on Fall Break from school. I really needed this break after volleyball has taken up so much of my time. I enjoyed getting home at a decent time on Wednesday and on Thursday I had to go over to mom's to put together a dvd from Brandon and Amy's wedding. So on Thursday when we were finished, I went with mom, Dana, and the boys to Pizza Hut buffet in Anderson (since it was only $4.99 a person).

In order to only have to take one vehicle mom or I had to crawl in the back of Dana's van. Mom quickly said I could do that and I agreed. However, I didn't know I'd have a job to do when I got back there. My job was to keep Kaden from falling asleep. On the way there, that was no problem. He was giggling at me while I was acting crazy and playing with his toys. Job completed successfully!

However, on the way home was another story. That boy had just eating A LOT and then the van was nice and cozy. Who wouldn't want to fall asleep?!? I did okay until about Middletown and then it all went downhill from there.

So I moved from where I was sitting and starting tickling Kaden thinking that would help since his eyes were about closed. By the time we hit 400 W his eyes were SHUT but he was still giggling while I was tickling him. It has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. Mom handed me her small camera and I took a couple of pictures which are posted below.



Aren't these precious? I loved the giggles even while he was asleep. This was by far the hardest job I've ever had to do and failed trying, but I loved hanging out with the boys for a few hours on my fall break!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Those are some adorable photos...he's such a SWEETIE!!! Nice try, Aunt Emmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging the pictures. Mmm...Pizza Hut buffet - don't have the luxury (or Debbie) down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was Debbie really your waitress? Tough job too... ;-)

    ReplyDelete