Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Graduation Party!

On Sunday, I had a graduation party in Logansport with all of my family and several of my friends growing up. It was a wonderful gathering of the people closest to me. We had a meal served and two kinds of cake. It was my kind of party. Here are a few pictures and captions to go along with the day.

This was my welcome table, I thought it looked pretty good. My favorite part is the tiny DPT after my name...it just makes me chuckle.

One of my cakes...seriously can I get another Dr. on there somewhere...I am kind of a big deal.

My friends of old, Dustin (left) and Alex (right), my best friends growing up. We picked up where we left off...the sign of a true friendship.

My best man, my buddy, my bro, my best friend Brandon. He made the long drive up just for a couple hour party. You have to give him credit there...I didn't even want to drive that far for my own party.

And of course...the greatest moment of the day for me was my Grandma Emogene being able to come. She had fought through some bad illnesses and poor health over the last few years, and it is rare for leave the house. I have not been fortunate to grow close to many of my grandparents because they passed before I was old enough to remember, but Emogene has always been there. I don't get to see her nearly as much as I would like. She is my hero...I call her bulletproof because she is the strongest woman know. She is still holding our entire family together. She is an amazing woman...she is my grandma.

One last thought so I can finally close the chapter on my college career. Thank you to everyone who has supported me in my journey. I have the greatest friends and family, who always show me how much they care. I am proud to have accomplished such a degree, but I have to give a large amount of the credit to my beautiful wife Emily for being my rock these last 3 years. She is my motivation to succeed in life and proof to me that dreams are possible.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome party, and I am digging the new background. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your favorite MILMay 24, 2011 at 9:56 PM

    Very nice...and I love the photo of you and your grandmother...priceless! You ARE a big deal to all of us. We love you and are so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete