Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day


The last few weeks have been very busy, full of family activities and tons of traveling. We were only home for 2 days over the last two weeks= not much time for posting. So today when we woke up...it was perfect, a snow day. I don't go back to school until Monday, but Emily has been back all week. Today she got her first snow day of the school year. We went out to see the snow and this is what we saw...

This is really not beach chair weather...




This is of course just a little dusting, nothing like a Minnesota snow, but enough to cancel schools here in Indiana. It was honestly a good excuse to be lazy, catch up on sleep, and have fun snowed in together. It was one of those bonding days where we played, laughed, and loved each other. I recently bought this kiddie looking game for my new PS3 I got for Christmas because it was said to be a great family game. We both have played it most of the day. I don't think I had heard Emily laugh so hard in long time. She is so funny to watch play this game. I would explain the game, but I really can't...It is very different from all other games.

All and all a fun day of not leaving the house. You really know it's love when you stay inside with that one person all day long, and have the greatest day ever.

2 comments:

  1. Snow day...who doesn't love it? I spent a lot of mine driving back from Bloomington, but it wasn't as bad as expected. Glad to see the updated blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow days are always so fun! Even though you have to make it up, it's still an unexpected break and a chance to stay inside and be lazy all day! Glad you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete