Sunday, September 13, 2009

HCPCC Walk for Life

This weekend Zach and I have the privilege to walk in the Henry County Pregnancy Care Center's (HCPCC) Walk for Life. For those of you that don't know about the HCPCC, it is a non-profit organization that helps out women/families in need of pregnancy tests, formula, diapers, clothing, etc. The majority of the women that come to the center are single moms who cannot afford much of anything.

It is a Christian organization that my mom has been a part of since I can remember. Although she has held many positions, her job currently is to counsel women who come in on Mondays and need pregnancy tests or other things. She really enjoys her time there and looks forward to going to volunteer her time. I am sure that mom does an excellent job as she really feels for the children involved with these families. She is a very caring person who is always the first person to lend a helping hand if asked, and I'm sure the women in need that come to the center feel comfort in having my mom as their counselor for the afternoon.

Mom had asked us to walk and although we didn't have any sponsers besides our donation, we were glad mom invited us along to walk for her team. The team consisted of Zach, myself, mom, and Peggy (one of mom's good friends). It was a mile walk around Baker Park in New Castle followed by a small breakfast. The following are some pictures that Zach took of the walk...we didn't get too many as mom took enough for EVERYONE there!
This is my wonderful husband taking a picture of me as we wait for the walk to start!
The small group of people there while we were waiting on mom and Peggy to get there. There ended up being about 200 walkers but this only shows a small portion.

This is what mom did for the majority of the time before that walk started....so Zach thought it only appropriate to photograph mom!

Mom and Peggy talked the whole walk...imagine that!?! Zach and I followed and discussed their gait which I think we will leave undiscussed on the website.

Overall our Saturday morning was a fun filled time of fellowship in support of a great organization and we are already looking forward to next year's walk!

4 comments:

  1. Fun times at the Walk for Life. I am curious now about the gait of Mom and Peggy...or maybe I shouldn't be? Anyways, I will probably see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hcpcc walk for life. i think kyler and i did that once. we got to play in the park afterwards. was that the bribe?! awesome job though! way to represent for a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words Emily! I was so happy to have you and Zach walk with me...next year we'll follow YOU TWO so we can analyze your gaits...ha! Love you both! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun - glad you could participate in an event that has tremendous influence in the community.

    Plus, it's always nice to get a picture of mom taking a picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete